Why You Should Be Consuming Our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal Cactus (Prickly Pear)
(#*) See References and Disclaimer at bottom of the page.
Nopal Cactus, (1*), (2*) also known as “Prickly Pear”, “Indian Fig” or "Barbary Fig" is scientifically categorized as Opuntia Spp, a generic name referring to over 200 species of the Opuntia cacti family.
Nopal Cactus (Prickly Pear) Origins
Since the Pre-Columbian period, the native people of the Americas, Aztecs, Zacatecans, Tepehuanes, Chichimecs and Coras have utilized the fruits and green stems of the Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) as food.
Archeological research using Carbon-14 dating techniques found human coprolites (preserved feces) containing the remains of Nopal cactus dating back as far as 65 B.C. Another source of information about Nopal's many uses by people in the ancient times can be found in the journals of the missionaries who worked in the region, in the Spanish conquistadors messages to their leaders and in the native documents which survived destruction during the cultural cleanse ordered by Mexico's Spanish archbishop.
The Aztecs used Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) for building materials, food, making glue, firewood, strengthening mortar, stiffening cloth and for religious rituals.
The tuna or the Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) fruit is boiled then combined with honey, which is known to help in curing respiratory tract infections. The fruit of the Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) is eaten to help with such condition as arteriosclerosis, diarrhea and a sore throat. (3*) The Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) pads can be used as heating pads to reduce swelling, muscle pains, muscle aches and are also utilized for dressing wounds and/or cuts. (4*) The pads' gel or sap can be applied to bruises, burns and cuts. Pureed or ground young Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) is used as a laxative while a paste out of Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) is used to treat toothaches. The Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) sap is known to alleviate pain and to soften the skin. (5*)
11 Reasons Why You Should Be Consuming Our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal Cactus (Prickly Pear)
1. Body Pain & Inflammation Betalains(7*)are one of nature's most potent weapons in the war against pain and inflammation. These compounds are super-charged anti-inflammatories that may work to keep your body in shape and healthy, the way nature intended!
As an added bonus, Betalainsmay also alleviate the pain associated with inflammation. (9*)
2. Diabetes Support Once called "America's epidemic", this disease is characterized by a reduced sensitivity to insulin. While there is no cure for diabetes, it can be managed by lifestyle changes such as attention to diet and exercise. (10*) Chronic inflammation is one of the often overlooked aggravators when it comes to diabetes. The betalains in Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) may help via reducing low-level inflammation in the body. (11*)
3. Promote and Support Increased Energy, Stamina, Vitality and Mental Awareness There's nothing better than feeling refreshed and energized all day long. Many people have the misconception that being tired at the end of the day is a natural, normal part of life—it's not! Nopal Powder Capsules (Prickly Pear's) potent nutrients and betalains may promote increased energy.
4. Depression Support Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses in America. It has been reported that about 9.5 million Americans suffer from some depression almost every six months. (12*)
Depression has no boundaries. Rich, poor, overweight, thin, young or old, depression does not discriminate!
One of the common symptoms that depressed people have is a lack of energy and a feeling of lethargy. Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) may provide you with that boost of energy so you're more apt to get up off the couch and go exercise. Exercise creates endorphins and endorphins are what make you feel amazing after a good session at the gym. They're also responsible for the famous 'runners high' that many endurance athletes feel.
Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) helps to increase the production oftryptophan(13*) which is a precursor to serotonin (14*) (which effects our mood and sleep patterns) as well asniacin (which is a key vitamin for vitality and nutrient absorption). (15*) Consuming our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) may help you start feeling better in as little as one day.
5. Cardiovascular Support Heart disease is one of those illnesses they call a 'silent killer'.(16*) That's because there's usually no indication that anything is wrong until you have a heart attack! Heart disease has a strong genetic component and even healthy gym-goers and runners are at risk. The antimicrobial and antioxidant effects of Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) may promote excellent heart health. Your heart is your most important muscle: you owe it to yourself to keep it healthy.
6.Support For YourHigh Cholesterol Are You Horrified About Your HighCholesterol Levels? Do You Shiver At The Very Thought Of Having Cardiac Problems? Do You Long For Those Good Old Days, When Your Health Was Under Control?
Your visiting your doctor for your cholesterol checks up and your doctor's eyes are wide open, and mouth hanging on the floor. Standing there very quiet, you know your doctor did not have to say a word to know your cholesterol levels were high enough to cause some real concern. And you need to take immediate action now to reverse the situation before it becomes to late.
The betalainsin our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) supplements may provide support for your high cholesterol.
7.May Promote Urinary Tract Bowel Function and Prostate Health Incontinence happens in both men and women but for different reasons. In men, the prostate can enlarge (benign hypertrophy) resulting in irregular urination and in women decrease in muscle tone causes muscles that control the bladder to become weak. Both of these conditions result in urine being 'left behind' so to speak which can lead to bladder infections. Although urine is itself a sterile fluid there's nothing stopping bacteria from using it as a breeding ground. Our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) has natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties (17*) that may help to keep your bladder infection free and much more comfortable.
8. Promote Active Menstrual Cycles
Are you tired of dreading your monthly menstrual cycle? Our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) you might be able to help with that.
The Nopal Powder Capsules (Prickly Pear) contains 8 vitamins, 10 minerals and 18 essential amino acids. Amino acids are what your body uses to synthesize neurotransmitters and through those neurotransmitters everything else in the body (including hormone levels) are controlled.
9. Weight Management Do You Shy Away From Handsome People Who Flaunt Their Fat-Free Muscular Bodies? Do You Find It Embarrassing To Shed Your Clothes At The Swimming Pool? Frustrated With What You See In The Mirror?
Studies show that being overweight plays a major role in health risks such as heart disease, respiratory problems, and hormonal imbalances. (18*)
Over 66% of Americans age 20 and over are overweight by at least 20 pounds. Obesity is at an all time high as America becomes the fattest nation on the face of the earth. (19*)
Most of us could stand to lose a few pounds, or at the very least start down the road to a healthier lifestyle. We have become a nation dependent on fast food and quick-fix pre-packaged foods in order to accommodate our busy lifestyles.
Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) may help to ramp-up your metabolism, turning you into a fat-burning machine. Combined with exercise and a proper diet plan, you may be able to shed off those unwanted pounds.
The soluble fibers found in the Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) are hemicellulose, pectins polysaccharides, mucilages and gums and are used to delay the intestine's glucose absorption. The Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) fibers, lignin and pectin also decrease one's appetite or satiety which is a significant factor in controlling obesity (weight management).
If a patient is allergic or sensitive to psyllium (which is a well-known fiber supplement taken orally for the cleansing of the colon), Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) is a fantastic and gentler alternative.
10. Eye Health Your eyes are precious. Human beings are wired to get most of their information about the world around them from visual stimulus so make sure you protect your vision!
Cataracts (20*) and glaucoma (21*) are two diseases that can be brought on by excess exposure to harmful UV rays. Always wear eye-protection (even in the winter!). Also, make sure you take our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules - Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) supplements for their antioxidant properties which may help support proper eye health.
11. Hangover Aid After A Night Of Partying Who else enjoys a night of partying without the effects of a hangover? With our Freeze Dried Nopal Powder Capsules – Nopal cactus (Prickly Pear) you can say hello to a night of responsible partying and goodbye to the next day’s hangover effects.